The Water & Wastewater Internship Program is a joint offering from local water and wastewater authorities. Participants 18 and over will gain practical work experience through a paid temporary work assignment. Through our multi-faceted approach, interns will have the opportunity to shadow industry professionals in a wide range of work experiences. Interns will get to learn the ins and outs of the industry via hands on methods. Potential career opportunities and professional skills will be gained through this internship. Veterans, adults wishing to make a career change, recent graduates and/or current students that meet the requirements will be considered.
INTERNSHIP PROGRAM DETAILS
- Approx. nine week program during the summer
- Monday-Thursday work week; typical schedule of 8 am – 4 pm with a paid half hour lunch
- Pay is offered at $18 per hour
- Many local water and wastewater authorities participating in the program:
- Chalfont-New Britain Township Sewer Authority
- Forest Park Water Treatment Plant
- Montgomery Township Sewer Authority
- North Penn Water Authority
- North Wales Water Authority
- Warminster Township Water & Sewer Authority
- Warwick Township Water & Sewer Authority
DEPARTMENTS AND POSITIONS EXPLORED WITHIN THE INTERNSHIP
- Water/Wastewater Treatment
- Water Quality/Lab Testing
- Civil Engineering
- Customer Service
- Geographic Information Systems
- Meter Reading
- Construction – pipe repair or replacement, manholes, main breaks, heavy equipment operation, etc.
OVERALL PROGRAM BENEFITS
The WWIP intern will have the opportunity to shadow industry professionals via a hands-on, inclusive learning experience. Our hope is that the intern will develop an important understanding of the work that the water and wastewater industry performs for the benefit of the public. The intern will have the opportunity to learn and experience all of the job opportunities available to them within the water and wastewater industry.